I’m trying out a new theme for the blog. It’s going to look bad for awhile, and it probably won’t work right either. So bear with me please.
Updated on Sunday morning:
Well, it might not look it, but it’s going pretty well.
- I’ve managed to make the pages as wide as they used to be, so my blog can have a wide photo most days. To do that I removed the sidebar completely. (My old theme had its sidebar on the bottom.) I like to be able to post a 900 px wide photo, and not many themes will allow it.
- I took that long list of “All posts, alphabetical,” off the bottom of the pages and tucked it into a menu item (“Archives”). Same with the links page.
- I’m trying three posts on each page. That should be ok now that the huge list isn’t on the page too. I think the list was really slowing down the database.
- I just noticed that the search box is missing. I’ll have to get it back. Maybe I’ll put it in the footer.
- It doesn’t look like anything yet, but I wanted to get it to work before I started paying attention to the colours and fonts. Anyway I really just want it to look like it used to: black background and white letters. I think that’s the best colour scheme for a photo blog. But later for that.
I like to drop in to the old technical high school on Slater now and then and check out the graffiti.
This first one is actually half a block away, at the Nanny Goat Hill community garden.
I don’t care for the text-based graffiti, which just looks like doodling to me. But I like the big portraits.
Here’s the basketball court.
A year ago today:
Leaf in Dow’s Lake
October 2, 2009
Two years ago:
October 2, 2008